Thursday, June 30, 2011

Zucchini Garden Pasta

I love my garden, yes I do! Oh how happy I was to be able to partake in the first fruits of the season! I had 2 organic, heirloom zucchini's to wash up and cook however I wanted! Ok, maybe not however I wanted....We were low on groceries, so this was my best option lol! However, it was amazing and fresh and yummo! Just wait until my garden is going full bore, there will be all kinds of veggie dishes on here! Anyhow, if you have a garden, this is one way you can make your tasty zucchini!

Ingredients

2 md sized zucchini
2 small cans diced tomatoes (petite or chopped regular dice)
1 large onion
6-8 cloves garlic
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 lb cooked whole wheat pasta

Directions

While your pasta is cooking, cut up your veggies as thin or thick as you like em! However, make sure the cut size is similar so they cook at a similar rate. Salt the Veggies and cook them down. (all but tomatoes) The salt helps draw out the liquid so you don't need to add any oils to the pan. Once the largest ones are cooked to your liking, add the tomatoes and seasoning. Cook an additional 3 minutes or so until heated through. Serve over pasta. I didn't add any here, but I do think some fresh grated Parmesan cheese would taste amazing on this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment