Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

Ok Ok, so I know I said GF Banana muffins, buuuuut I lost the flippin recipe and so I will have to wait and post it when I find the piece of scrap paper I wrote it all down on.....as if that will ever happen....I will most likely be making up a new one lol! Anyhow, I made these cupcakes for my friend Shelly. They had a baby and I took them a meal and wanted to come up with a dessert using my old bananas. Well, They tasted good, but they definitely stick to the cupcake wrapper. So, Don't use the papers!!! Just grease the muffin tin and bake em that way. This is my way of indulging in some chocolate and cake. :)


Ingredients

• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup raw honey
• 3 eggs, room temperature
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup almond milk
• 2 large bananas, chopped

Chocolate cream cheese Frosting:

• 2/3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1/3 cup Oikos caramel Greek yogurt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup raw honey
• 2/3 cup cocoa powder
• 1 c powdered sugar

Directions

 Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl; set aside. Beat yogurt and the honey with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each to blend into the mixture before adding the next. Add in the vanilla. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until just incorporated. Add in the chopped bananas, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter into prepared cups. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting by beating all wet frosting ingredients together. Then add in dry ingredients and whip. Refrigerate the frosting until the cupcakes cool completely. Frost once fully cooled. The frosting is a little runnier than most because there is very little sugar in them. I keep them refrigerated to keep it firm and because there is yogurt in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment