Thursday, June 23, 2011

Taco Pizza

Again, I really need a better form of organizing these suckers. I always seem to lose my recipes therefore it takes me 3....yes 3 weeks to get them on the blog. Sorry for the delay on this one!! Anyhow, I really like this recipe because it uses beans instead of meat for a protein and is hearty and filling. I also personally think it is super tasty  cold as a late night snack! :) This is also a good kid friendly meal that could be fun for your kiddos to help you make. I took a picture of the ingredients still in their packages to show that it is fairly easy to make meals organic. Store brand organic none the less! If at all possible, I encourage you to make your meals organically. I know sometimes things are hard to find, but the health benefits are worth the time and effort. Hope you enjoy it!

Crust 


3 C whole wheat flour
1 Tbs yeast
2 Tbs Plain Greek yougurt
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tbs honey
1 C warm water ( 110-130 degrees)

Toppings

1 pablano pepper sliced thinly
1 can refried beans with roasted green chilies and lime
1 can black refried beans
1 bunch cilantro
corn
1 can diced green chilies drained
1 can petite diced tomatoes drained
Fresh shredded mozzarella

Directions

Combine all dough ingredients together  and mix well until dough ball forms. Spread dough onto pizza pan, spread beans on alternately and then top with Taco toppings and cheese. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Add cilantro once pizza is done baking

No comments:

Post a Comment