Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pepita Crusted Chicken GF

I looooved this recipe! I have seen some recipes for Pepita crusted fish and....well...sadly I don't do fish. Just the smell gags me. :) Seeing how I don't do fish, I figured I would come up with a chicken recipe and while I was at it, why not make a few sauces for it?! This is a must try!

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts
1 tbs olive oil
1 C Pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds)
1 C Slivered Almonds toasted
1 Tbs Cumin
4 eggs
3 Tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 C plain Greek yogurt
1 Serrano pepper
1/2 bunch cilantro
6 large tomatillos
2 limes juiced
3 cloves garlic
1 boiler onion or shallot

Directions

Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over md/high heat until lightly browned. Put pepitas, almonds and cumin in food processor and chop until coarsely chopped. Dump those into a shallow dish. (I use cake pans) In another shallow dish whisk together eggs, 2 tsp salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken breasts in the egg wash and then in the Pepita mixture. Coat completely and place in a hot skillet with 1 Tbs olive oil. Brown both sides and then transfer to a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min. While your chicken bakes; Put 1 tsp salt, tomatillos, cilantro (reserve 2 tbs), juice of limes, garlic and onion/shallot into a food processor. Puree until liquefied. Pour into a skillet and simmer for 20 min on lowest heat setting. In a separate dish put yogurt, 2 tbs cilantro and very finely chopped Serrano pepper. I remove the seeds to remove the extreme heat. If you prefer hot foods leave the seeds in. After the chicken is baked through serve with the two sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment