Thursday, June 23, 2011

Vegetable Curry GF

Well, I am officially the most irresponsible blogger....I can't find the two recipes that have been waiting to be blogged for 2 weeks. I have a tendency to write them on scrap paper and then they disappear. Where oh where has my scrap paper gone.....Anyhow, I am going to blog this to the best of my memory....which isn't that great these days! hee hee! I really love Indian food and curry flavors, so I really liked this. Andy would have preferred some meat in it, but I love my veggies! Also, in hind sight I would have added a more complete protein to it. There was some, but not quite enough. So, here I go...

Ingredients

(all of these should be frozen or fresh)
1 C green beans
1 C corn
1 C chopped cauliflower
1 C sweet peas
2 large carrots
2 zucchini
5 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 onion diced
2 C quinoa
4 C veggie broth
3Tsp Curry
1Tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp coriander
1 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp pepper
1 Tbs olive oil

Directions

In a sauce pan bring vegetable broth and quinoa to a boil. Bring back down to a simmer for 20 minutes. While it simmers, start your veggies. I use a wok for this so I can keep the veggies that need longer to cook on the direct heat and the frozen ones on more of an indirect heat. On 250 degrees or medium heat, cook all veggies in the oil until  softened. Add in the spices and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes until fully cooked. I prefer a good amount of curry flavor however, if you don't care for it to be as strong you can add less. I added more than my recipe calls for but I know I like it strong, so I put less in the recipe. If you prefer it stronger, add more. Do it to suit your taste. Serve over Quinoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment