Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Iskender

Strange name I know, but it is a Turkish meal hence the Turkish name. My sister had this last month with she was in Turkey and requested this for a meal. Now keep in mind I have never tasted this, so it wasn't quite right when I made it...I was a little heavy handed on the cumin, so I have modified the recipe to make it more authentic. For those of you who are a little cautious with foreign food this is a good starter. It isn't too far out there with the spices, it is fairly mild. Enjoy the Taste of Turkey!

Ingredients
2Tbs Olive Oil
4 Chicken breasts
3 Yellow onions
5 cloves of garlic
32oz Tomato Sauce
1/2 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
1 tsp Paprika

Directions

Cut chicken into cubes. Chop onions and garlic. Saute all three in a skillet in oil until chicken juices run clear. add sauce, cumin, paprika . Simmer on low for 15 min to meld the flavors together. Serve over Naan (see earlier post for recipe) and top with plain Greek Yogurt. I liked mine with some feta, but my sister gave it a big thumbs down cause it took away from the authenticity, but I liked it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment