Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Weekly Dish

I love the summer...well, I love the fresh foods, but I hate extreme heat. :) This week I duck mulched my garden...that's right, duck mulch. It is a fancy word for duck poops. Gross I know but it is really suppose to help and its about as organic as ya get, so I did it. :) I think it is working cause my basil and oregano grew up enough for me to have plenty to use in my spaghetti sauce and my plants looked huge over a 3 day period! Well, I guess the 4 days of rain probably helped too. :) Either way, I am getting excited. You will notice that my recipes will start to get fresher and lighter as my garden begins to produce enough veggies for me to get creative with. Until then....these recipes will have to do. Just a GF disclaimer here; I am not a GF expert, however I do check my ingredients online or by label. I know some tomato sauces do contain gluten from different additives etc as do oats. You need to be sure you are buying the GF kind. Please be sure you check yours before you use them if you are strictly gluten free. Don't just take my word on it. Sometimes it depends on the brands. Also, just a reminder, if you have particular recipes you would like me to work on I would love to hear from you! Feel free to give me specific recipes, or favorite meals and I will do my best to get em done!

Mexican Pizza
Spaghetti and Meatballs (can be made GF by substituting GF pasta)
Double Dark Chocolate Cookies
Vegetable Curry GF

A little additive to this post ....






















....I know I usually post one personal picture on the weekly dish so those of you who don't know me well can get to know me a little better. However, I couldn't help but post more this week. We just had our family pictures taken by one of my BFF's Darcy. I looooove them and I think she did such an excellent job working with our hot and tired kids to get some amazing shots. I thought it might be fun to share a few with you all. If ya like what you see, Go here to see more. Thanks for following guys and I hope you enjoy the recipes this week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! It's easy to take pictures of beautiful people! And the cookie recipe needs to get on the blog asap. They are staring me in the face as we speak. But eating cookies at 9am is not kosher.. I will refrain. Maybe til 10am. =) Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve the shout out! Seriously! And the cookie recipe is up! Not lyin when I say there are only 6 left lol! One of my favs!

    ReplyDelete