Monday, July 18, 2011

The Weekly Dish

If only you could hear the high pitched squeal of delight that accompanies this  tensed up,  grinning  face.
I am tellin ya what! I have been so busy, I have no idea how people blog on a daily basis in the summer! Whew!! I will say, that the more my garden produces the more excited I get about fresh cooking! I am a tad bit crabby though. After the major storm we had last week with the 60 mph winds, my zucchini plants bit it! Seriously! They were blown over and the leaves were yellow within 5 days! arg!! On the happy side, I am seeing new plants growing out of the old dead one so Hopefully I will have more coming. This week I am going to try something new for me! Pork! People argue weather it is healthy for you or not, but from what I have researched eating it is pretty good for you as long as you don't eat it super frequently...which I don't, and as long as you get a lean cut and remove the excess adipose tissue if there is any. So, I am going to give it a whirl! We will see how it goes! Now that I have already let you in on one of my meals, I will give you the rest.

Amino Marinated Pork GF
Pepita (pumpkin seed) pesto GF

2 comments: