Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad GF

What?! This isn't Britt's banana bread you say? Yeah, well....It flopped! I refuse to put something not great on here and well to say the least it was not great! It was dense  and not cooked through and well...it just plain didn't taste much like banana. Nahum loves it and it is decent enough for me to eat a slice for breakfast, but clearly I mis measured something somewhere! So, you get this instead! It was waaaaay better than the bread lol! This salad is great for a side dish for a party but I think it is best as a meal. Like I have said before the quinoa is packed full of protein, so who the heck needs meat?! I don't like eating heavy food in the summer, so this is a light meal with everything you need! In fact, I learned from a couple of my cousins today that Dr. Oz had mentioned quinoa on his show as a "super food"! Go figure! Eat lots!

Ingredients

2 C Quinoa
4 C Water
1 Tsp Salt
6-8 Tomatoes
2-4 Cucumbers
1 small yellow onion
5 cloves garlic
1/4 C rice vinegar
1 C Feta cheese
Pepper to taste

Directions

Cook quinoa to directions on package (I buy bulk with no directions and I use 2 c quinoa to 4 c water. Rinse quinoa then put in water and bring to a boil. reduce to simmer for 20-30 min) Cut tomatoes and cucumbers in same size chunks. finely chop the onion and crush the garlic. Once quinoa is fully cooked, let it cool completely. Add all veggies, cheese and vinegar. Chill and eat! (BTW, I totally thought I posted this on Friday...yeah, turned on my computer today and realized, NOPE! I totally forgot to hit publish! I am losin it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment