Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Reeses Whoopie Wanna-Be's

This recipe was a happy accident. Nahum wanted to help me make cookies one day so I said sure! He decided he wanted to make vanilla cookies and when they were almost done mixing he decided they needed chocolate too. so.... I added some cocoa! After they baked they had a texture that reminded me somewhat of a whoopie pie so I figured I would run with that idea. And who doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter together?! (Those of you with a nut allergy can use sun butter and it works just the same!)  Nahum, Andy and I ate these things like they were going out of style! So good and full of protein!

Ingredients

1/2 C oikos brand vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
3/4 C raw honey
1 egg
cookies pre filling
2 Tbs Vanilla extract
1 1/3 c whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 C cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt

Filling

1/2 C natural peanut butter
1/4 C raw honey

Directions

Beat the honey and butter together until creamy. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix completely. Drop by tbs full onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min. Watch bake time, it will differ depending on the size you make your cookies. Remove and cool on a cooling rack.
Mix peanut butter and honey until smooth and spread it on one cooled cookie and top with another to make it  look like a whoopie pie!


No comments:

Post a Comment