Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Amino Marinated Pork Chops GF

Like I said in this weeks weekly dish, People constantly debate the pork issue. Some think it's super healthy since it is "the other white meat", some people think it is terrible for you. Well, I have looked into it and I don't think I would be extreme in either area. Kind of like red meat, I think it is fine in small doses. You know, maybe once a week or twice a month. It is actually quite lean if you remove the excess adipose tissue. Get rid of the fatty stuff on the edges and it is pretty healthy! Andy loved this meal! He would eat pork and red meat everyday if I would make it for him...lucky for his body I don't! LOL! This is a really great quick and easy meal to throw on the grill and super yummy too!

Ingredients

5-6 thin cut pork chops (fatty edges cut off)
1/8 C sesame oil
1/4 C rice vinegar
1/2 C Bragg liquid amino acids (Tastes exactly like soy sauce!)
1 bulb garlic (yes the whole darn bulb!)
toasted sesame seeds and green onion  to top

Directions

Remove fat from edges of pork. Place in a flat dish and crush the cloves from an entire head of garlic over the pork. Pour over the oil, vinegar and amino acid. Cover and let sit 6 hours in the refrigerator. Grill (preferably over charcoal) for about 7 minutes per side or until it is cooked completely through. top with green onion and toasted sesame seeds. Is great served with long grain brown rice or Himalayan whole grains.
Like I said, the hubs loved this....maybe a little too much! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment