Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Weekly Dish and Gluten Free Once a Week

Since I don't have food pictures for the weekly dish, I figured I would use this opportunity to let you all into my life a little with personal pictures. My friend Darcy is a photographer and captured this moment with my oldest son Nahum. Check her out Here.
This is where I normally put my recipe ideas for the week....and I still will. However, I have had a couple of people ask me to do some gluten free recipes due to allergies and such, I have a friend whose family is making the switch to gluten free for their son, and I have another who has been gluten free for 7 years. So, considering these things, I have decided to commit to one gluten free recipe a week. From here on out I will refer to gluten free as GF because it is so much easier. :) I will label each GF recipe so you know what is and what is not GF. I am sure I will be asking Binky (Friend GF for 7 years) for some advice in this area seeing how it is newer to me. However, I do enjoy figuring tricky recipes out and I would really like to help those of you out there needing this. So...keep an eye out for my GF once a week!

Split Pea and Ham Soup GF
Roasted Tomato Salsa GF
Chicken with Wild Rice Soup
Spinach Quinoa GF
Vanilla Almond Granola GF


Ok, I didn't purposely make these mostly GF, it just so happened that what I chose is GF naturally.....

3 comments:

  1. awe, thanks for the shout out! I LOVE that pic of Nahum and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so thoughtful Erin....thanks for taking the time out to do GF recipes for us newbies! It is so tricky so I thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy this Lindsay. :) Just glad I can help and maybe make your life and the life of others a tad bit easier!

    ReplyDelete