- 3 cups Fine ground whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons dough enhancer
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- cornmeal (to sprinkle on pan)
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, yeast, honey, salt, olive oil, and water.
- Turn out dough onto a floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic, 10 minutes. Set aside, and let rise about 45 minutes, until it doubles in size. Punch down. Knead well again, for about 10 minutes. Let rise for about 30 minutes, until it doubles in size.
- Round the dough into small round bun shapes.(about half the size you want your buns to be) Place them on a baking sheet sprinkled with corn meal.(keeps dough from sticking) Let rise until double in size, about 30 min.
- While the bread is rising for the third time, put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees Bake for 10 more minutes, or until done.
Black Bean Burgers
1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
1 handful freshly chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 tomato, sliced
Heat a grill or pan over medium-low heat.
In a food processor, pulse onion and garlic until finely chopped. Add 1 can black beans, cilantro, egg, and cayenne and pulse to combine.
Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix until well combined. Make into patties.
Place on hot oiled grill or oiled pan over medium-low heat and cook about 6 minutes a side or until heated through.
Serve on Ciabatta with lettuce, tomatoes and avocado.