Thursday, October 27, 2011

Peanut butter cookies

Andy requested some peanut butter cookies. Great idea! I haven't made over a peanut butter recipe yet! And, can I just say.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm........ Oh my, I am not lying when I say we polished these suckers off in literally 2 1/2 days. Ok, so maybe that defeats the purpose of making them healthy, but it was so hard to have self control with these they were so good! This is one of those that I highly recommend trying out if you are wanting some good for ya desserts! 

Ingredients

1 C  raw honey
¾ cup natural fresh, ground, peanut butter
¼ cup olivio coconut butter
1 egg
1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Dark chocolate chips optional


Directions

Mix honey, peanut butter, coconut butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.  Heat oven to 375ºF. Scoop dough onto cookie sheet  about the size of 1 Tbs. IF you want to, you can put a few chocolate chips on top before you bake em. If you don't want them, leave them out. Bake 7-8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I will definitely try these and take them to work. I need to get the coconut oil when I come!

    ReplyDelete