Wednesday, October 5, 2011

halfway through week 2....

So far, this isn't all it's cracked up to be....Now this isn't from test results or anything, it is just based on how we feel. Andy is shaky all day long and appears to be wasting away to nothing. (Even though he drinks a half gallon of chocolate almond milk every two days!) NOTHING has changed for me except my toilet time has increased to 5-6 times a day.....and not to be too descriptive, but it isn't pretty. Our 2 week grocery budget is spent in one week thanks to the costly supplements we have to take and Making meals takes a little bit more work. Therefore beans and rice seems to be the main meal of choice in order to manage the budget properly.....Maybe I am just crabby and over it cause my body hasn't adjusted to it yet, but I will be honest. This isn't something I would promote at this point. Now I'm not a huge meat eater and I could probably go without it fairly easily. However, We are all missing our yogurt and cheese! I will press on at this point and time because I have committed to this. I did want to be real about how we are feeling. We are about 1/3 of the way through the process and wanted to share the truth of how things are going. I am curious to see what happens at each week marker.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for being honest! I'm even more proud of you for doing this, for sticking w/your commitment, & admitting it's not what you were expecting & it's discouraging. But...don't be too stubborn just to finish what you started if it really truly is affecting both of your bodies negatively! I had to throw that in there! :) But I am impressed w/what you 2 are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty! I'll be super ready to hear your final summary if vegan is the way to go. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you for sticking with it even when things aren't going amazing. I'm pretty certain I would have quit by now...so you get tons of mad props from me. :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete