Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Weekly Dish

I love my husband!
What a week! Even though Nahum was with my parents all week, I still managed to be crazy busy! I finished most of my freezing and canning, made a trip to the Shipshewana flea market and....well, I don't remember what else lol!  After packing my freezer and having no more space I decided it was time to fix that problem. I froze peaches, blueberries, corn, pickles basil, jalapenos and zuchinni. My little freezer in the kitchen just wasn't getting the job done! So, I  bought a side by side freezer/fridge for 10 BUCKS! Thank you craigslist! It is older than the hills but it gets the job done. Besides, it is in my garage so who cares what it looks like right?! I remember being a kid and thinking my friends that had those in their garages were super cool....I have no idea why, but I did. I guess that makes me cool now huh?! baha! All that ramble to say; Be looking out for recipes using all of those items I froze. I sure didn't do all of that work for no reason! I am hoping to save some moo-lah and make some awesome food all winter long!

*Frozen Vanilla Yogurt with Honeyed Pink Grapefruit
* Chicken Fajitas

2 comments:

  1. i've seen some fun stuff where people mod podge fun paper and/or paint their fridge or freezer with a chalkboard paint. That would be kinda fun if you are looking to decorate you cool new $10 freezer :) Great job on all the freezing/canning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH GREAT IDEA!!! totally going to do that!!!

    ReplyDelete