Friday, August 26, 2011

Chicken fajitas

Fajitas are one of my favorite Mexican style  foods...however, I refuse to order it when I eat out! Why?! Because of the stench! Come on, you all know what I am talking about! The "B.O." smell clinging to your flesh when you leave a Mexican restaurant... It is from those darn sizzling fajitas! So tasty, but ohhhh so smelly! Somehow, it just doesn't stink like that when I make it at home, so that is how I like it! :) It makes for great leftovers as well. I like to heat the leftovers and throw em on a salad the next day. mmm...

Ingredients

1 1/2 lb chicken
1 large red onion
2 tbs taco seasoning
4 cloves garlic
3 green peppers
2 red peppers
1 jalapeno
ww tortillas
plain Greek yogurt
tomatoes
cilantro
cheese if ya want it
1 tbs oo

Directions

Place oo in pan on md/high heat. Slice chicken thinly(Chicken cuts easier if it is slightly frozen.) and place in the pan. Sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Cook for about 2-4 minutes until it is no longer frozen. Slice onions, peppers and garlic thinly and in similar sizes. Add to the pan. cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until all are cooked through. Place on tortillas with tomatoes cilantro and Greek yogurt. (cheese if ya want it, but I don't use it. ) :) easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment