Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Garden "Pasta" GF

Tonight I planned on using up a half used jar of sauce in my fridge for my spaghetti squash....dun dun dun....as I opened the jar a fuzzy white friend met me....mold! New plan! I ran out to my garden grabbed some tomatoes and basil off of my plants and went a new direction with my meal. I must say I am so glad there was mold in my jar of sauce. I used garden fresh ingredients and I loved it! I also had some left over prosciutto from a few nights ago so I threw that in to add some protein. While my husband loved the meat aspect, I think I would prefer this without it. So, you chose. Make it however you wish. I will give you my ingredient list, but feel free to tweak it! Ya gotta love when your entire meal can be made out of your garden!

Ingredients

1 Large Spaghetti Squash
1 Handful of Basil
2 Handfuls of cherry or grape tomatoes
2-4 slices of prosciutto
1/4 ish of fresh grated or sliced Parmesan cheese
A Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
S&P to taste

Directions

Cut your squash in half length wise. Remove the seedy, stringy center with a large spoon. Place them open side down on a  cookie sheet. (I suggest lining it with foil, cause the juices run out and burn on the pan) Bake at 400 degrees for one full hour.Slice tomatoes in half, using scissors cut the basil in thin strips, break the prosciutto apart into pieces and shave off your parm. Set aside. Take the squash out and using a large spoon scrape out the stringy, spaghetti like meat of the squash. Put in a bowl and top with your previously cut ingredients. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste...It definitely needs S&P!

No comments:

Post a Comment