Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Avocado Salsa GF

I would consider my family to be salsa junkies. And when it comes to salsa I am fresh all the way! I don't do canned or jarred salsa. It just doesn't quite taste the same to me. I also have a tendency to lean towards the more authentic flavors than the tex mex flavors. So, that means tomatillos and cilantro!!! I got a recipe from a Mexican girl my sister use to work with. Hers was good, but I think it needed a tad bit of tweaking for my taste buds. This is my version. Most ingredients in this are straight from my garden! YUM!

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs tomatillos
2 jalapenos seeded and ribbed
1 bunch cilantro
1 small red onion
3 avocados
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp sea salt

Directions

Cut all veggies down to a decent size for your food processor. Or, you could do what I do and cut them into similar sizes throw em in a bowl and go at it with a hand blender...it's less to wash and gets the job done! Remember, do not use the stems of the cilantro and removed the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno unless you like yours hot! Blend it all up and chow down! It is super simple and super tasty! This salsa is a bit thicker than normal tomato salsa and thinner than guac.

1 comment:

  1. This salsa won my company salsa competition...just saying!

    ReplyDelete