Friday, September 16, 2011

Toasted Quinoa Salad GF

This is an extremely fresh meal! Now that summer is ending I think my super fresh raw-ish types of meals are going to slow down. :( Big frown! There is just nothing quite like fresh from the garden veggies and cold salads. Oh well, on to a new season. Warm food, hot coffee, chili and sweatshirts! Even though I will miss my garden fresh veggies, I LOVE  the fall! It is by far my favorite season! Right now I am sitting in front of an open window under a big micro plush blanket and loving it! Enjoy this fresh recipe, cause they are gonna start warming up soon!

Quinoa

2 C quinoa rinsed
toasting the quinoa
2 Tbs olive oil
3 C water

Dressing

3 Tbs Olive Oil
1 jalapeno finely chopped and seeded
3 Tsp cumin (toasted)
2 Cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
3 Limes juiced
1/4 C rice vinegar


Salad

5 scallions
4 Roma tomatoes
1 1/4 c corn
3 avocado
1/2 c cilantro

Directions

Put oil in a skillet over md/high heat. Add quinoa and stir until coated. Toast quinoa until light brown. Then add the water and cook to package directions. Add all of the dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake it to mix. (You could use a bowl and stir it as well.) Cut all veggies into similar sizes. Mix everything together including the dressing. You can serve this hot or cold. I prefer to let the quinoa cool completely before mixing everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment