Sunday, September 25, 2011

I already have a favorite!

Ok, let the vegan begin! In order to prepare for the next month or two I did my recipe and food research. I planned out meals, wrote out recipes and made my grocery list! It really wasn't all that hard to buy vegan at my local store! The only thing I am disappointed in was the "cheese" wanna be stuff. NOTHING! Even the so called "veggie shreds and slices" have dairy in them. Nice. So tomorrow I am off to a local specialty store in search of a vegan "cheese". One thing I have looked into is honey. I use raw honey like it's my job and I wasn't sure I was prepared to give that up. The health benefits are amazing! After researching a little bit I have found that some vegans don't use it for cruelty purposes and some vegans use it because they don't think it hurts the bee. Well, don't crucify me, but I could care less about that nasty stinging bee. So, I made an executive decision. I WILL continue to use raw honey!
Now, about my new fav... I found this at Meijer. It was 3 for $5.00! Not bad!!! This is Olivio USDA certified organic coconut spread. Don't freak out yet! I use a lot of coconut oil already, so this caught my eye. It is Non- Hydrogenated, dairy free, gluten free, soy free, organic, non-GMO and vegan! Sounds gross maybe, but it is AWESOME! Even my coconut hatin' hubby loved it! I made him a bagel and used this instead of butter and he said he never would have known had I not told him! That my friends, is a testimony lol! I promise I will post recipes, but I was so excited about this find I had to share it!

3 comments:

  1. You're doing the vegan month! Excited to follow you. New blog looks GREAT! I'm drooling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this and text :) Can't wait to get going on some of this knowledge from you!!! Love you friend and am praying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really going to be changing your new nickname up "Non- Hydrogenated, dairy free, gluten free, soy free, organic, non-GMO and vegan" LOL I'm going back to calling you my little spaz! :)

    And seriously bees make WAY more honey than what they need anyways...and didn't god give us some of this wonderful stuff to enjoy -- I think so! So go on with your Raw honey vegan bad self. :) xo

    ReplyDelete