Monday, January 16, 2012

Pasta Sauce

Blended to make it kid friendly
Ok, this really could be used over something other than whole wheat pasta. It would be great over Chicken as well! MMM....This is my favorite sauce to date! There really isn't a good amount of protein in it, so I would suggest using just as what it's named...sauce. I am planning on posting a load of recipes today, so to conserve some time I am not going to write too much about the foods, mainly just post the recipes to get em up! Hope you all enjoy some new food!

Ingredients

2 Jars/cans whole tomatoes (I used my canned tomatoes from my garden, but canned from the store would be fine too)
1/2 C White cooking wine (If you have kids or are nervous about the alcohol, no worries! What little is in there cooks out!)
1 large yellow onion diced
8 cloves chopped garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 Red bell pepper diced
1/4 C fresh chopped basil

Directions

Empty one full can and one drained can of tomatoes into a large, high sided skillet. Crush them down a little bit with a potato masher or I like to use my Pampered Chef mix n chop. Add in the remaining ingredients and let simmer for a full 30 minutes. Now here is where your options come in. My boys freak at the sign of something green and Nahum refuses to eat onions. (What they don't know won't kill em right?) I blend mine up with a hand blender until it is smooth. However, if you like it a little chunky, eat it up and forget the blender. Here is a before and after pic. You decide how you want yours!
pre-blendage :)..See above for blended up goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment