Monday, January 16, 2012

Minestrone

Can I just say YUMMM! I have never been the hugest fan of this soup, but since we have started eating healthier my taste in general has changed so I thought I would give it a shot! OMIGOSH! Love it! I think you all will too!

Ingredients

5 Cloves garlic crushed
2 onions diced
2 cups diced celery
5 carrots sliced
2 C chicken broth
2 C water
1 Can garbanzo beans
4 C tomato sauce
1/2 Marsala cooking wine
1 can kidney beans drained
1 can cut green beans drained
2 c baby spinach
3 shredded zucchini ( or about 2 cups)
2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
1 Tbs fresh oregano
1/2 lb (1/2 a box) slightly under cooked whole wheat shell pasta

Directions

In a large pot saute garlic, onion, celery and carrots until onion is translucent. Add broth, wine and sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and add beans, spinach and zucchini. Cook for about 15 minutes to allow flavors to marry. Add in slightly under cooked pasta and allow another 3-5 minutes for it to finish cooking. Serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment