Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Roasted Chick peas/ garbanzo beans GF

I found this idea some recipe site the other day. Whoever decided to roast these suckers is a genius! The recipe I found had crushed red pepper flakes and my kiddo won't touch spicy stuff anymore, so I decided, "What the heck, why not make up my own!?" I am always looking for healthy snacks and I always have garbanzo beans on hand, so this is great for us! yummy! Another quick tip....I found that if I broil them on the second day, that they turn out great and crunchier!

Ingredients:

2 15-oz can Garbanzo Beans
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
Olive oil

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.

Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans in a large colander. Continue to rinse until all the foamy liquid goes away.

Line the counter with a few sheets of paper towel. Place the drained garbanzo beans on top of the paper towel and let them dry for a few minutes.

Once the beans are dried, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle on the spices. Using your hands, toss the beans around so they are all fully coated.

Place the baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes and all to roast. After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and give the beans a little shake and then place back into the oven for another 15 minutes shake em around a little bit and roast for another 15 minutes. 
Season with salt if needed once fully roasted and then serve hot or cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment