Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

Holy cow my mom makes THE BEST pumpkin bread on the planet!! I tweaked this so that I could eat it without feeling guilty, but I'm not gonna lie...Hers is better! I will eat mine now and plow hers at Christmas. (It's a tradition for our fam to have pumpkin bread at Christmas.) I actually made it cause my sister is moving to Turkey and won't be able to have tasty pumpkin bread this Christmas! That's right, I said Turkey. I will be driving her to the airport tomorrow and have no idea when we will get to see her next....the cost of following Jesus huh? You all can be praying for her as she jumps into this next season. Anyhow, back to the bread. This makes 4 loaves and I freeze all but one. They are super moist, so they will go bad quicker than most so freeze the loaves you aren't eating. These also make great gifts for teachers, neighbors and friends, so bake a bunch at once and freeze em till Christmas time....again, stealing my mom's ideas. :) Love pumpkin!

Ingredients

29 oz can Pumpkin puree
8 Eggs
2 C apple sauce
7 C Whole wheat flour 
4 c raw honey
4 Tsp Soda
1 Tbsp Salt
2 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Tsp Nutmeg
1  C water

Directions

Mix pumpkin, eggs, honey and applesauce in large bowl.  Combine flour, soda salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in bowl.
Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture alternately with water, mixing well after each addition.  Spoon into 4 greased and floured loaf pans.
Bake at 350 for about 30 min to1 hr. or until bread tests done. (I know 30-60 min is a drastic time difference, but I have baked them for over 45 minutes before and my last was done in 30. So.....after 30 min check the bread. When knife or tooth pick comes out clean it's done. If not, check every 5-10 minutes until done.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I found this post via Pinterest. I'd love to hear more about what your sister is doing. I have a couple of Muslim friends who live in Turky that I have been praying fo a long time. I will pray for your sister now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mindy! Find me on fb and we can chat about whats going on with her and where she is etc. I love that you found me through pintrest! :)

    ReplyDelete