Saturday, November 12, 2011

Banana Breakfast Cookies....yes, I said breakfast cookies!

Why not have cookies for breakfast?! Ya know ya wanna! I spent the past two days looking for recipes for cookies...I've been feeling the urge...and nothing quite struck me until this morning when I really wanted to eat junk for breakfast. I figured why not make a cookie I can eat for breakfast?! So, I went to work. I decided on adding the coconut flour and milk to add protein so it really could be in place of breakfast. If you don't care about the protein or you don't like the texture the coconut flour adds, simply remove the two coconut ingredients. Your cookies will still turn out great...less protein therefore less breakfasty but still good non the less. I enjoyed my Saturday morning cookies, and I hope you all do as well! (Goes great with a hot cup of coffee!!)

Ingredients

2 ½ ripe medium bananas
1/2 cup honey
½ cup apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 c coconut milk
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 c coconut flour

Directions

Heat oven to 375°F. Mash 2 the bananas. In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, coconut milk and mashed bananas with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in both flours, baking powder and salt.
Drop dough about the size of 2 Tbs about 2 inches apart onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
Bake 9-11 minutes or until set and edges begin to turn light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment