Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Curry Chicken Over Organic Himalayan Whole Grains

So, tonight I made my curry chicken. I had my camera all ready to go figuring I would start adding pictures to the blog....yeah, I forgot. I hardly remember my own name these days, so I guess I am doing ok since I did at least attempt measuring things this time! Sooooo here ya go! ( I buy my organic Himilayan whole grains at Neighbors Country Market in New-Pair-ee <New Paris>) :)

INGREDIENTS
1 lb Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 1/2C Organic Himalayan Whole Grains
4C Chicken Broth (box)
1/2 tsp Cumin
5 tsp Curry Powder
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 small or 4 large Cloves of Garlic
1/2C Oikos Plain Greek Yogurt
Green Onion
Slivered Almonds

Put olive oil in sauce pan and heat on Md/High till it kinda ripples (but don't let it smoke lol) Pour in the whole grains and toast them. Some of them will get lighter in color. Add 3C chicken broth. (could substitute veg broth) Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer and cover for 45 min.

Cut chicken into small cubes. Put chicken in a large skillet over md heat. allow to slightly brown, but not cook through. Pour last 1C of broth over the chicken. Add: cumin, curry, cayenne, salt, pepper, and garlic. Let cook for about 5-10 min until cooked through. Once cooked add Greek yogurt and remove from heat.

Pour chicken with sauce over the whole grains. Serve with chopped green onion and slivered almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment